As we dive deeper into our equity, diversity and inclusion journey at the Central Jersey Shore, we will be creating three working groups, one for each of the strategies below, inspired by the insight of our nonprofit and community partners:
- Empowering Youth Changemakers
- Amplifying Diverse Leadership
- Empowering Communities that Center Equity
We plan to hold monthly meetings from September to December to determine priorities, metrics and near-term goals. Each working group will meet once per month from September through December 2021.
The goals for each of the working groups for this year will be:
- Map projects/activities already being done across the Central Jersey Shore.
- Gap analysis of the projects & activities.
- Source ideas for future implementation (e.g., Are there opportunities for enhanced support of existing work? Creation of new program partnerships?)
- Review opportunities for program measurement.
- Make recommendations for 2022 activity.
We pledge to remain transparent throughout this journey and share the outcomes of the working groups on our website as we move along. We also know there will be many opportunities for community involvement moving forward.
Learn more about what we are doing to help break down barriers, uplift marginalized voices, celebrate diversity, and champion a more just and equitable society.