Yesterday, we kicked off the 2022 Grunin Capacity year with a quick but fun virtual launch party! While the launch was virtual, we are thrilled to be bringing the Catapult Institute back to in-person learning this year. We will also be keeping monthly Virtual Lunch Hours on the schedule so we can easily connect over topics that are important to our nonprofit partners and friends.
This year, we will have three plenary sessions from 8:30AM to 1:30PM held at the Sheraton in Eatontown as we have done pre-COVID. The 2020 plenary sessions will be:
- Tuesday, May 3rd - Putting Purpose First: Applying the Principles of Purpose-Driven Board Leadership in the Board Room - this session will stretch your thinking about the board’s most essential leadership roles and invite you to begin thinking about how to apply a purpose-driven approach within your board room.
- Tuesday, June 14th - How to Tell Stories That Uphold the Dignity of a Community - in this interactive session, we will undergo a practical exploration of an intentional, responsible approach to fundraising storytelling.
- September 15th or 16th (Date to be solidified) - Join writer, speaker, vegan and Pisces, Vu Le, as he speaks about a bold new vision and unlocking the full potential of the nonprofit sector. More info to come!
In addition to the plenary sessions, and NEW for 2022, we have Catapult Institute Workshops! These will take place at New Jersey City University at Fort Monmouth and will cover four workstreams. There are four workshops in each of the workstreams. Interested Monmouth and Ocean County nonprofit members must sign up for each session separately, but do not have to sign up for all four.
- Talent Management - geared towards HR directors, advancing leaders, and new board members
Wednesday, April 20th, 8AM – 10AM - Basic Principles of Talent Management
Wednesday, May 25th, 8AM – 10AM - Attracting and Retaining Talent
Wednesday, June 22nd, 8AM – 10AM - The Essentials of Oversight and Supervision
Wednesday, July 27th, 8AM – 10AM - Now What: Next Steps for Talent Management
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging - geared towards organizational leaders (staff & volunteer) committed to addressing race and equity
Wednesday, April 20th, 10:30AM – 12PM - The Journey to Greater Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Wednesday, May 25th, 10:30AM – 12PM - Navigating Conversations about Race and Equity
Wednesday, June 22nd, 10:30AM – 12PM - Engaging a Nonprofit Board to Address Racial Equity
Wednesday, July 27th, 10:30AM – 12PM - This is Head and Heart Work
- Shared Leadership - geared towards Executive Directors/CEOs, Board Officers
Wednesday, September 21st, 8AM – 10AM - Leadership Principles and Practices
Wednesday, October 26th, 8AM – 10AM - Exploring the Board/Management Partnership
Wednesday, November 16th, 8AM – 10AM - New Trends in Shared Leadership
Wednesday, December 14th, 8AM – 10AM - Implementing Shared Leadership
- Fundraising and Development - geared towards development and Communications staff, Board Members more directly supporting fundraising & communications
Wednesday, September 21st, 10:30AM – 12PM - Baseline Review of Fundraising
Wednesday, October 26th, 10:30AM – 12PM - Fundraising Tracking and Performance Measurement
Wednesday, November 16th, 10:30AM – 12PM - Baseline Reviews of Communications
Wednesday, December 14th, 10:30AM – 12PM - Communications Tracking and Performance Measurement
We are looking forward to a robust and exciting 2022 Grunin Capacity year and to learning together with our Monmouth and Ocean County nonprofit partners and friends. You can view all of our Catapult Institute events by visiting our events page. To stay up-to-date with Grunin Capacity and Catapult Institute resources, visit our Capacity Building webpage. And finally, follow us on LinkedIn for additional Catapult Institute updates.
We couldn't do any of this without our awesome Grunin Capacity Partners - Support Center, CadencePace Partners and Center for Non-Profits. Here's to an amazing year of Curiosity, Conversation, Collaboration, Community, Compassion and CAPACITY!